Nerve pain is one of the most debilitating health conditions that people can experience. It often has no clear cause or cure, and it can be difficult to live with nerve pain for prolonged periods of time. CBD oil is a popular natural remedy for nerve pain because it provides relief without any side effects like prescription medications. CBD products are becoming increasingly more available across the world, which means you can find them in almost every country! Here are the five best CBD products for treating nerve pain that we recommend.
Does CBD Oil Help neuropathic pain?
Yes! Cannabidiol has been clinically proven to help people manage neuropathic pain. There are studies such as this one that show how CBD can help nerve pain.
As you may already know, CBD oil is a popular natural remedy for many types of chronic pain, including neuropathic pain. Neuropathic pain is most often caused by damaged nerves, but it can also result from the brain misfiring due to stress or injury. Whatever the cause, nerve damage and issues with the central nervous system cause neuropathy, and that means that there’s a good chance CBD oil will help alleviate these symptoms!
Here’s how it works:
CBD decreases activity in specific areas of the brain that regulate stress and emotional responses. This reduces your likelihood of feeling pain as a reaction to stress or injury. The same areas of the brain also regulate inflammation, which is a root cause of chronic pain. When you reduce stress and inflammation, your body recovers quicker from illness and injury.
CBD oil increases natural endocannabinoids in your system to boost your immune system’s ability to repair nerve pain quickly!
Learn more: Sunsoil CBD Product Review
CBD has various medicinal and health benefits. More and more people are becoming aware of its value, and doctors prescribe it for a variety of conditions. CBD can help to treat many conditions such as:
- Pain management – CBD is an excellent anti-pain remedy. People who use CBD regularly experience a reduction in pain over time, especially when they take it every day.
- Insomnia – Many people use CBD oil to help them sleep better at night. It doesn’t make you drowsy, but it relaxes your mind and body so that you can fall asleep easily
- Reducing nausea/vomiting – Some people have prescribed medication that comes with unpleasant side effects for their condition. These drugs often include nausea and vomiting. Taking CBD reduces the chances of feeling ill because it improves your overall state of well being
- Helping stop smoking – CBD can reduce cravings in smokers, so they have an easier time quitting the habit. Smoking is bad for many reasons, and CBD helps to limit the damage.
Learn more: Top Brands of CBD for Autism
Neuropathic Pain – Description Causes and Symptoms
Neuropathic pain is a pain that affects the nervous system. It’s often caused by a disorder or injury within the central nervous system, which includes your brain and spinal cord. Nerve damage causes this type of pain because damaged nerves don’t function properly. When they can’t send warning signals to your body about harmful stimuli (like heat), you feel more pain than normal for an extended period of time.
Neuropathic pain symptoms include:
- Sharp, shooting pains in the extremities.
- Extreme sensitivity to touch and other stimuli.
- Numbness in one part of the body (this is called paresthesia).
- Burning sensations on various parts of the body (especially hands, arms, legs, feet, and toes).
- The inability to regulate the temperature in certain parts of the body.
- Muscle spasms and tremors.
- Dizziness and poor coordination (ataxia).
What are the treatment options for neuropathy?
There are various ways you can treat the pain caused by neuropathy. Treatments may include:
Painkillers – Over-the-counter and prescription medications for nerve pain. Your doctor might prescribe a combination of acetaminophen, ibuprofen, and a narcotic medication to take as needed. You’ll want to ask your doctor about possible side effects before using these products.
Capsaicin cream or patches – Capsaicin is the substance that gives chili peppers their heat, and it can be used topically (on the skin) to relieve mild to moderate nerve pain. Apply capsaicin ointment or gel several times daily until your symptoms improve.
Neuromodulators – Neuropathic pain responds well to certain medications called neuromodulators. These include gabapentin (Neurontin), pregabalin (Lyrica), and duloxetine (Cymbalta).
CBD products – CBD offers you a natural alternative to painkillers. It can help to reduce chronic nerve pain from issues like diabetes, hepatitis C or shingles without the harmful effects of prescription medication.
Top 3 Best CBD Products to Treat Nerve Pain
CBD oil is one of the best CBD products to use for chronic nerve pain. It can help manage neuropathic pain, and also offers other benefits like stress relief including PTSD, sleep regulation, better mood, etc.
- Easy to take
- Offers other benefits like stress relief
- Less expensive than other CBD products.
- Not all oils are created equal, so it’s important to find a high-quality CBD oil with a purity guarantee.
CBD gummies are another great choice for treating your chronic nerve pain. They’re easy to take, they taste good, and offer other benefits like stress relief.
- Offer the same benefits as CBD oil with an added twist of flavor
- Easy to take- Chewable! You can’t get much more convenient than that.
- Comes in a variety of fruity flavors
- Less expensive than other CBD products.
- Low CBD content per serving
CBD topicals are the perfect choice if you want to treat neuropathic pain in a certain area of your body. They’re great for joint pain, muscle soreness, bug bites, arthritis, or other joint issues.
- Offers the same benefits as CBD oil with an added twist of targeted relief
- Absorbs quickly into the skin.
- Can be used on any area of the body that needs treatment.
- The only real downside is that they tend to be slightly more expensive than other CBD products.
- Not as effective for severe pain, but still an excellent choice for milder cases.
Learn more: CBD and Zoloft Drug Interactions
We hope this post has helped you identify the best CBD product for your nerve pain. If you need help deciding which one is right, or if you have any other questions about these products, contact us today! With so many options out there, it can be difficult to figure out what’s best for your needs- we’re here to help. Let us know which of these five CBD products are most intriguing, and we’ll give our expert opinion on whether they might work well with your condition.